Sunday 10 May 2009

'Blue Wreath'



Hi,
Well it's Monday so for all you Mums out there I guess it's back to normal after a day of being spoilt!! Yesterday in Sydney after a wet and miserable start to the day the sun came out in the afternoon thank goodness! Walshie went off to see Star Trek the new Movie with my brother and his 2 girls Ellie and Sarah so I had an afternoon to myself. Before he left he set up the DVD player with 'chick flicks' to watch but I spent the time in my craft room for some un-interrupted card making.

My card base is Sahara Sand and I've used Pacific Point for my matt background. This card I embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Kaiserscrapbook DP is mounted on Baja Breeze. Silver ribbon has been tied around the bottom right hand corner . Gina K's Wreath of Wishes is stamped in black ink which I then clear emboss so I can colour with my Copics. I've used foam dots to attach the stamped image to the scalloped circle and that too has been attached to the card with foam dots. Both the circles were cut with my nesties (I love them already), I haven't as yet been able to get my bug to emboss and would love to know how everyone else does this. I've watched Gina's Tutorial but that doesn't so far work for me!!
I dressed the corner flower with a silver filigree spacer and set a gem into this to finish it off. Along with the spirals this has been held to the card with a foam dot.
Because the filigree spacer sits quite high I've had to use two layers of foam for the stamped circles. You'll notice I very often don't add sentiments to my cards, I usually keep in mind a space so I can add one when I'm ready to send it.
Hope you like this Blue Wreath until tomorrow have a great day.......

3 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Oooooh, I really like this one!!! Beautiful colours and that stamped wreath is GORGEOUS!!! What a fabulous card!! :)

Jeanette said...

WOW! This is such a stunner of a card! I love that wreath image and the colors you have chosen show-case it so perfectly!
Hope your cough clears up!
Have a great day! Hugs Jeanette

Jamie Martin said...

Love this card, it's sooooo pretty :)