Friday 29 May 2009

Friday Fun!!





When I was making my card for this weeks Mojo Monday I thought the layout would make a good centre opening card.  I wasn't brave enough to follow my instinct instead I've made one to show you today. 
I know I said a couple of days ago no more Wisteria paper from Basic Grey - but - I had this one that I hadn't cut into.  I planned the three inch square stamped up with Gina K's Iris from Elegant Flowers so...... just had to use it.

My friend Kerrie gave me a pack of all sorts of A4 card which is good quality so I'm using it and calling it craft card.
The base card is made of a sheet of mid yellow craft card cut to 6.25" x 9" then scored at 2.25" from both ends of the 9" and folded.
From the Wisteria DP I cut 2 strips  for the front of the card and before attaching I added the ribbon which holds the card closed.

For the Inside of the card:

Using a Nestabilities oval die I cut away the inside of a 6.25" x 4.5" piece of Wisteria to form  a frame. Before attaching this I 
stamped with VersaMark Happy Birthday and a flower stem from Fiskars Romance clear stamp set. 

You know what it felt good to do something a bit different, now I have a couple of other ideas running through my head so I'm off to play....

3 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

This is lovely Sue and so beautifully coloured!!! Fabulous to make it into a gatefold card!!

NinaB said...

Great job, Sue. I'm not tired looking at your Wisteria cards at all.:-) They're all beautiful.

Joan B said...

What a lovely card. I LOVE irises!!!