Wednesday 7 October 2009

Celebrate.....


Hello,

I made a card for this week's Mojo Monday challenge 107 ...... I Know lots of you play along too.
I really liked this layout, did you? I thought it would be the perfect card for a JustRite 3 1/4 " circle stamp!

  • Stamp: Justrite - Christmas Treasures
  • Ink: VersaColor 91 Gold
  • Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Heavyweightand Layering weight pw for the base card and image, Tan and red plain card (sorry not sure), gold craft card, DP is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper pad.
  • Embellishments: gold ribbon and dew drops.
To my base card I added a layer of the tan card followed by the red and white dp.
The next layer is made up of two pieces of tan card covered with some of the eskimo kisses dp. I punched across a strip of plain red card with a Fiskars border punch and attached some fine gold satin ribbon before adding this to the card.
For those who are not familiar with the JustRite stamps they come with an inner image and an outer ring. For this card I stamped the inner sentiment onto the GKD layering weight card in gold and using a Spellbinder die cut this out. I then stamped the outer fancy border again in gold and cut this with two Spellbinders one on the outside edge and then again to cut out the inner circle. I could have left that.....not too sure why I didn't but there you go!!!
Next I cut a gold circle and using double sided tape attached the outer border ring. The inner sentiment was added using thin foam tabs to pop it up just a little.
This completed element was added to the card with a thicker foam tape. Just the dew drops to be added to complete the layout.

I had some good news this morning, I won the WCMD Copic Buzz challenge.........OMG how lucky am I????? I'd like to say that my card won but in fact it was all down to the Random Org. thingy!!! come in no 8 ......ooh that's me!! I've won 5 new Copics (fingers crossed for light reds!!!!) a stamp and some embellishments I think. I'm so grateful to all involved thanks so much.
Walshie wants me to look for a competition to win a Porsche!!!!!! Well he's a man.
That's it for today, thanks for dropping by, until next time.............

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You sure nailed the sketch! Great card!

craftieodmae said...

Sue it's beautiful! I simply love the sentiment!!

Betty Benton said...

Happy dance, happy dance! Glad you won the challenge -- Hope you get the copic colors you're wishing for!! Very pretty card with the JustRite stamps!

NinaB said...

Congratulations on your win, Sue. Oh, and your card is beautiful. I saw this sketch and I seriously had no idea how to pull it off. But you did a great job with it!

Bev said...

LOVE this!! It's just the perfect, classy Christmas card sweetie. xx

Tracy.H said...

This turned out beautifully. Great job on the sketch. :0)