Tuesday 13 October 2009

Christmas Gift Card


Hi,
Today's card uses the Holly Christmas Fairy from Mo Manning and this card is going into the 2nd challenge from Just Us Girls . The challenge was to use paper piecing and also to use pink somewhere on the card in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

This is a card but the tag has a pocket for a gift token, which will be used for one of my nieces this Christmas.

I sized and printed the image onto white card and then again onto some dp from Basic Greys Eskimo Kisses paper pad. The dress was cut from the dp and attached over the white printed image. I coloured her and her sash with Copics and added some glitter to all the holly and inside the snow globe......not sure you'll see that in the photos. Then the fun bit I cut her out!

The base card is pink with a layer of white card. followed by another layer of pink card that has been embossed through the Cuttlebug with Swiss dots. The Holly dp was cut to make a pocket for the tag to slip into. Using a Fiskars punch I punched slots to thread the ribbon along the edge of this piece, tied a bow at the top and attached the Merry Christmas charm. I added the corner detail in Rocket Red and attached three pearls. The Holly Fairy has been attached to the card front with foam tape to sit her up.



The tag is cut from Rocket Red and embossed with Cuttlebug snowflakes decorated with a couple of snowflakes and the same holly dp was used for the token pocket. Some ribbon threaded through the punched tag to finish off.





Halfway through typing this the power cut out for about a minuet!! It's back on but not full strength so I've rushed to get this typed up......sorry.

I was quite pleased when I'd completed this card the fiddly cutting was worth it.


Thanks so much for dropping in today I'll see you next time.....

Edit: I'm posting this Tuesday 11.40pm tomorrow morning is going to be busy so I'm getting in early!!!!!

12 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

This is absolutely beautiful...so many lovely details. Enlarged so that I did not miss anything. Beautiful coloring esp the snowglobe.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You should be happy with this card! I love the way you did the Tag! It really shows how much work you put into this card!Absolutely beautimus!

craftieodmae said...

sue this may be the most gorgeous card i have ever seen! It's awesome!!

Lisa Kind said...

This is beautiful and I love the tag idea! That fairy is gorgeous and I love the paper piecing. Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge and we hope to see you again!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful card & tag combo! I love all the textures you used! Great job with all the paper piecing! Thanks for playing along with the paper piecing challenge at the Just Us Girls challenge site! :)

Selma said...

This is outstanding Sue. I love everything about it.

Mandalika said...

Stunning! I love the image. Everything about this card says Christmas.

CraftieConnie said...

Oh my gosh Sue! This card is so gorgeous, all the small detailing has made for an absolutely beautiful card!

Betty Benton said...

Sue, it's beautiful!! So many details!!

Kristin Eberline said...

I just adore you Holly Christmas Fairy! She is the sweetest little thing :O) Her paper pieced dress is so pretty and I love your contrasting colors and jeweled embellishment! This gift card really turned out beautifully!!

Thank you for playing with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for a fun color challenge!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a sweet and heartwarming Christmas card. Way to rock the JUGS challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Waseem said...

You should be happy with this card! I love the way you did the Tag! It really shows how much work you put into this card!i wish to do same with Gift Card envelopes.