Monday 22 February 2010

Magical Monday ...... Lucky Bear

Second post of the day scroll down for my note cards.



Hello,

This weeks cute image from Nina of TMITA/PCC is 'Lucky Bear'. Nilla's turn to challenge us today and she asked for some distressing, Use any technique for distressing, roughing up your paper with your scissors, distressing with inks, sanding, scraping.

So for my card I started with a base card of SU Sahara Sand.I distressed pale pink card and the spotted dp,using the blades on my scissors and rolling the card slightly. Layered them turning one corner on the dotted card and stitched a couple of rows of 'not so straight stitch' around all four sides.
Lucky was printed, coloured with Copic markers and cut out. For the clover leaf motiff (I'm calling balloons) I added some fine silk ribbon tied in a bow.
Lucky sits, popped up with foam over a piece of green hand cut paper that grounds him.......he's walking on grass holding his balloons!
I added the button over the turned down corner and a lace bow with a button centre in the opposite corner.
The Birthday wishes sentiment is from a GKD set , stamped onto some pale pink card and cut with a Spellbinder Petite Oval die.
Thanks Nilla this was a fun challenge, I hope you'll all join in this week. We love seeing what you come up with.
As always Nina has a prize for the randomly picked winner.

I also know there are lots more new images over at PCC so why not drop by for a browse.......

Till next time........


14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW Sue, you created a gorgeous card!!! I love all the purple!

Nilla said...

So pretty card, love the sewing and the distressing, of course! Hugs Nilla

The Other Patti Sue said...

So cute Sue, I love the colors,sewing, bow, button and grass! This is just one cute card!

Selma said...

How adorable. I absolutely love the colors you used. The grass is so cute and Wow! the destressing is great. You really did a great job with this challenge.

Theresa's Studio said...

Such a cute Birthday Card. Love all the details including the grass and distressing.

Patti J said...

Hi Sue! I am just loving this card! Your colors are so soft and pretty! I never expected to see pink - I love it! Great job, as always! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Kim Mc said...

OMG I love the sewing...gives it an even more distressed look (of course, mine looks like that normallly!) :) Love it all and thanks for the inspiration!

Aloha, Kim

Robyn said...

This is SO cute!! I love the spots and the gorgeous little bear!Very very sweet!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh I love the colors (my fav in all shades!) grass is great and sewing and details...adorable!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I typed this once, but I don't know where it went. Thought I would stop over and check out this little bear here also. You did a great job distressing on this card. If I don't get back over here, please have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!

Lorraine said...

Super cute card Sue love the colours.

redwasher1 said...

I love it!! You did a fantastic job!! I read on stamptv that today is your Birthday!! Happy Birthday Sue!!!!!!!!!!

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love all the lilac colours.

Pat xx

Nina said...

I love your card and the fact that you went with pink! it so cheery and fun. Sorry it has taken me so long to stop by your blog. I soo love visiting everyone's blogs and being inspired! For all the cards I didn't leave posts on I still loved them and enjoyed looking at them. You do such lovely work!! Well, off to the shower with me now and maybe to my scrap area a bit later I am hoping!