Friday 3 September 2010

Annbelle Stamps Blog Hop - Say It In... Yellow & Grey


We're celebrating at AnnaBelle Stamps Blog today .......   It's a year since Andrea introduced her AnnaBelle Stamps range so we're having a Blog Hop.  We're following our usual SAY IT IN.... theme which this week is Yellow and Grey.  If you hop  with us leaving comments along the way you could be the randomly picked winner of a Aus.$20 Gift Voucher to spend at AnnaBelle Stamps.

If you've arrived here from Teresa's blog you're on the right track.  Make sure you start at the Annabelle Stamps Blog and follow the links!  


Here's what I have to share with you.....






My card features one of the candle images from ABS Hold A Candle which I've embossed in Silver.
Some Websters Pages dp adds an elegant touch and the ABS pearl hearts are the perfect little embellishment.

Have you tried decorating a candle?  This is my second try at this technique and I was lots happier with this one.  This is how I did it:

1. Measure and cut a piece of white tissue paper long enough to wrap around the candle.
2. Stamp and colour your image.  I used the border image from Floral Silhouettes, stamped in Memento Potter's Clay Ink.
3. Carefully wrap the stamped band around the candle and using a heat gun heat the paper join until the wax just starts to shine (melt).  This should hold the band whilst you heat the rest, just enough so the tissue paper is held into the wax.  Smooth the tissue to keep it nice and flat but be careful remember hot wax will burn!

The decorative band at the base of my candle is purely for decoration it would have to be taken off to light the candle.

I've punched a scalloped edge both sides of some grey card and added the yellow polka dot over the top.
An ABS white petal set with a yellow button sits to the side of a stamped label, you might just notice that I added two metallic sprinkles to complete the belly band.  Yeah done!  I'm thinking this could be a Christmas gift idea for this year.....don't you think?

Congratulations Andrea, I'm so happy to be a part of your Design Team and very excited about all the new things coming along.

Hope you'll join in with our Blog Hop and play along with this weeks yellow and grey challenge.

Ready for your next stop on the hop?   That will be Ida ......click on the link to take you to her blog.


Hope you'll call past here over the week end I have some CANDY  I'll be posting....... interested?

Photobucket

Card:  Stamp Annabelle Stamps 'Hold A Candle', 'Swirl Tree' (sentiment). Card: GKD PL pure white, Grant Archival, silver,Websters Pages DP. Ink: Memento London Fog, VersaMark ABS Silver Embossing Powder. Embellishments: ABS Pearl hearts. Equipment: Spellbinder Labels 4 die, Corner shaper, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch.


Candle: Stamps: Annabelle Stamps Floral Silhouettes, Swirl Tree (sentiment). Ink Memento Potter's Clay, London Fog. Card, American Craft grey and dp Spring humble honeybee, Scrap white card and Tissue paper. Embellishments: ABS Petals, ABS Metallic Sprinkles. Equipment: Heat gun, Spellbinder Fancy Tags die. Fiskars Sun Burst border punch.

28 comments:

Kylie said...

Hi Sue,
LOVE your decorated candle and I can't believe it's only your second one, it's stunning!
Loving your embossed candle card and love that Websters Pages DP too, yummy lol!

Enjoy your weekend! Take care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

Pigott Clan said...

This card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the websters pages you chose, so elegant!! Your candle is awesome too!!!!! I am going to try this sometimes

Patti J said...

Beautiful project, Sue! Love that candle! You rocked this project! Happy Birthday to Anabella Stamps!!! Great job, Sue!

Tiffany said...

Fabulous card! Love the websters paper!

Robyn said...

Hi Sue Great creations! Love that candle stamp set. Thanks for your hints about stamping on the candle-they might make it much easier next time I do it!

chantal said...

great card

Anonymous said...

Oh the card and candle are just stunning. I have wanted to give candle decoration a go for a while now, yours has inspired me to go try it now!! Oh and congrats on the 1st Birthday!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is so gorgeous, Sue! Whoever receives this set is a lucky person!

Patti P. said...

What a beautiful set...love the candle, I have never tried this but your example makes me want to.
Your card is so lovely...loving that elegant band with the candle image...just gorgeous.

Theresa's Studio said...

Hi Sue! Enjoying the hop. Love the candle..that boder of flowers is lovely. Great birthday card...beautiful dp and love the heart pearls.

Newbie said...

Love the candle!! Outstanding work! Very nice set!!!

Anonymous said...

Your candle is stunning, I really like the band you put around it. The card is pretty special, also!

Colleen said...

Thanks for the comment on this week's OLW submission. I'm adding your blog to my reader list - I love what I see.
Hugs,
Colleen, aka kroppykat

Amanda Sevall said...

Gorgeous card and I love the decorated candle -- what a cool idea!! :)

Cheryl said...

Fabulous gift set! I love it.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well you've really outdone yourself with this one! That candle is amazing! I really need to try one! Great card too!

Lyn S said...

Lovely card, and the decorated candle is just fabulous!

Susan Hogan said...

Your candle looks amazing, and I love the rodent touch.

Kerrie said...

I'm on the hop, and you have gone that one step further.... gorgeous card and candle!

Julie said...

love that candle

Julia Aston said...

Love your wonderful card/candle set here Sue! The colors look wonderful and I love the stamps you used!

Mirabelka said...

great set!

Juls said...

stunning set! the candel is amazing! Hugs Juls

Louise said...

Hi Sue,
What a beautiful candle-You don't need to remove your beautiful work once the candle is burning .... when you first light the candle allow it to burn for a little while just long enough as to give you a puddle the size of a tealight. Carefully use a spoon to scoop out the hot wax and place a tealight(one in a metal cup) in the space; instead of lighting your candle next time, light the tealight, the tealight is replaceable as it runs out while preserving the main candle and its decoration that you have taken the trouble to do...however you do still need to take the care warrented with burning a candle I hope you find this tip useful

A Consuming Passion said...

Louise, I'm sorry I can't send you an email direct! hope you get to see this message! Thanks so much for your comment......it makes such good sense, thank you I really appreciate your advise, so now when I give candles I will add these instructions.
This is just another of the great things about blogging....I hope you visit again. x

Gail said...

On first glance this card looks very simple but on close inspection you pick out the tiny hearts and other detail.The papers are lovely , a super card.

Gail said...

Hi,I thought I had left a message regarding your grey and lemon card and the candle.Both were beautiful,maybe I'm having a blonde moment.

hugs
Gail

karennarelle said...

gorgeous work