Friday 5 August 2011

AnnaBelle Stamps Say it in ....One Layer


Hello all,

What a busy week it's been for AnnaBelle Stamps! I hope you've enjoyed seeing the new sets Andrea designed for us and have your shopping list ready. They all go on sale today, so get in quick!

Today we're introducing the last of the sets with the DT using it for our Friday Challenge. This one is called 'Dotted Flowers' a very pretty little set .


Andrea has asked us to Say It in One Layer  card today so here goes:



ABS smooth white card is fabulous for these cards and using two Spellbinder oval dies to create an embossed frame was my pick today.  Whilst I had the dies in place I lightly sponged the centre of the oval before stamping the planter and flowers.Apple green double faced satin ribbon with lime 6mm Sprinkles  complete my card.

Here's another card I made for the one layer challenge......not my favourite card ever ......Nothing whatsoever to do with the stamp cos I love this stamp.........but it's the dreaded sponging!!!! I've always avoided lots of sponging......I can manage edges and even the above is OK (ish) but this is Andrea style sponging..... and I suck!!!!  I can't use that guys special tool.....you know the one I mean! 

I wasn't going to add this card but I thought I need to conquer this......... I'll watch all the tutorials and use any tips you care to leave me . Then  every so often I'll post a card and you can let me know how I'm going......deal? Hopefully I'll get better.......maybe!

My little challenge to you is to enter a sponged card in this weeks one layer challenge show me how they should look :):)


I masked the centre to keep a white space ready for stamping and 'sponged' on the colour.
I love these Rangers colours broken china and dried marigold then I also added scattered straw (wish I hadn't it looked better before). Stamped the flower from Whimsy Flowers and coloured with Copic markers. The sentiment is from Squared Posies and I added three peach Sprinkles.

Hope you'll join in  and make your own one layer creation.  Take a moment to check the girls blogs you know the links are under the DT tab at the top of my page.

Thanks for dropping by this week to see Andrea's fabulous new sets if you like them, let her know.....she designed them all....clever girl.

Have a great week end...........


- All the new sets will be available Today.  

- The special deal will be : Purchase the entire release for $99.95 (RRP $118.80) and also get free postage!  A perfect time to try our stamps if you haven't already!

- The special deal will start Today and run until  Tuesday.


Photobucket

About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Thursday 5.00pm so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge. 
- Each week’s winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a special little something.  Our last challenge for the month will be a sketch challenge, which will attract our main prize of a $15.00 gift voucher for that week’s winner.

How To Play Along:
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge.  All projects submitted must be new.
A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.       
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas.




5 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Hi Sue, your card is so striking, that green with the crisp white and your gorgeous embossing and stamping go so well together. Nice work with the sponging, you are braver than I. Thanks for your blog visit and lovely comment!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These are some of the best one layer cards that I have seen! Great job!

Theresa's Studio said...

Your cards are lovely...nothing wrong with the sponging...it may should have been lighter with the light coloring of the image. I prefer to use sponges rather than that guy's tool...I seem to have more control. Love this stamp set too.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful cards Sue! Great minds think alike... we used the same images on our cards (0=

Sue said...

both gorgeous cards Sue, loving the embossed nestie (seems it was a popular choice!) on the 1st and top job on the sponging in the 2nd!
seems this release has been very popular and all the creations are superb! :)