Sunday 26 August 2012

The Roses August Challenge


Hello........How's your week end been so far?  I hope you're enjoying the same sunshine we've had off late.

This being the last Sunday of the month means it's time for The Roses Challenge and this month it was my turn to pick a theme.  I chose a photo inspirational challenge for a change and I'm looking forward to seeing what the girls have done with it.


I saw Poppies when I looked at this and the clear dark lines, so here's my card.....



I used Distress inks to colour some watercolour card before stamping Penny Black's -  Poppy Poem.
Some light colouring using Prisma pencils and Zest-It blending solution before the stitched ribbon was added. The completed image was adhered to black card and a white card base.

I hope you'll go check in with the Roses (all links are under the Roses tab at the top of my page) to see what they came up with this month.  I might be a few hours ahead of them though :).

Thanks for calling past today, I'm back tomorrow with a great link for you and a fabulous challenge......Hope you'll call back.

Til then.............


Photobucket

8 comments:

Marion said...

This is beautiful Sue. I love the water-coloured look of your background, and what a fabulous image. A very pretty card.

craftieodmae said...

this is gorgeous, I'm sorry, time got away from me, I have not made a card!!! I was thinking it was next Sunday, I will get on it today! I am so so bad!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

if you remember back to when you showed us the inspiration piece, I said I knew what I was going to do immediately. I saw Poppies from the get go, and apparently you did also! That is just too funny. This is simply beautiful, Sue! Thanks for a wonderful challenge.

Deborah Frings said...

This is so beautiful, the watercolour effect gives such a soft, subtle finish. I adore poppies and this stamp is super. Great take on the inspiration photo.

Betty Benton said...

Wow! I love that poem stamped on top of the poppy!! This is a stunning card -- how did all of you gals see poppies or other flowers and I couldn't see anything at all???????

CraftieConnie said...

Heheheeehe Thanks for reminding me Olga! Sue your card is lovely, love how you stamped your image over the written words. I was inspired by the oranges and greens

Hugs!

lostinpaper said...

Stunning Sue! I just love everything about it, and how you have contrasted the colours perfectly!

Victoria said...

A beautifully delicate creation. Love the text behind the poppy.