Monday 17 December 2012

Shine a Light...........Christmas




One more for Christmas!  I seem to be making more and more CAS cards these days, or at least cards without layers.  I love to see layered cards with ribbon, die cuts and bling.  After all that's what sets a handmade card apart from a store bought one, in most cases. What do you think?

This one was made using the lovely DP Twig and Berry from Kaisercraft. The lovely 'muddy' colours where just right for the recipient of this card and it reminds me of a cold English Christmas!

The image is from LOTV and I've coloured her using Copic markers, adding a little glitter to her fur trimmed coat and hat.  The Spellbinders Poinsettia die came out for the first time this Christmas too......fancy that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's was another busy week here last week. Visitors popping in, Christmas sewing with the embroidery girls. Then the Christmas party, which was a fun affair. The girls shared their beautifully embroidered quilts, wall hangings, bags etc. in 'show and tell'.  I came away feeling inspired to get busy with my needles and thread.

Thursday was the last meeting of the Quilters before Christmas with everyone in a rush to finish off those last minute hand crafted gifts.  All my Christmas posting is complete, the on-line gifts have been ordered........what a bonus to be able to shop this way.
I have one week for a haircut and any last minute stuff like buying the Boss a pressie......any ideas?


Photobucket

6 comments:

Skye said...

A gorgeous card. A sweet image and so beautifully coloured.
I like the layered cards but I find them hard make.

Angela said...

STUNNING!!!!! love the touch of glitter, really looks fabulous!

lostinpaper said...

I love layered cards too, I just seem to keep taking more things away than adding them when I try this technique lol! Super sweet scene, Love the 'fluffy' coat trims and the double layered label is so clever!

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the stamped image. Well I don't seem to use the dies I have to have half as much as I should. Maybe that will be my new year's resolution - use more of what I have!

craftieodmae said...

oh my, this is absolutley breathtaking!!!! Love everything about it! Merry Christmas my friend!

Selma said...

That is such a sweet little image. Your coloring is beautiful. I definitely love all the layers and your beautiful flowers. Have a very Merry Christmas Sue.